Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Introduction of the Course

Today’s lesson gave me an introduction on what this course was all about. With a fresh mind, I learnt that in order to become a good teacher, I needed to be resourceful in not only finding information online but also learning to search for exciting learning materials for my future lesson. Through this lesson, I gained an insight on the importance of being a media-saturated person by always keeping myself updated with the latest information and ideas.

The purpose of this course was to teach me on how to get resources from the media and the application of different types of software to obtain materials for teaching and learning in pupils’ classroom. Besides, in this lesson, I was required to have a blog, which helped me to keep a list of my own reflections and also keep a public view to others on what I have been doing and achieved throughout this course.
I personally believed that this was indeed a great idea as I believed that the education world today needed to be collaborated with the advancement of technology. So, in order to equip myself, firstly Pn. Foziah taught my class on touch typing. Have you heard about it? Well, it was my first time to hear about touch typing. So, you could imagine how ‘out-dated’ I was. It was actually learning how to type using the keyboard, by placing the fingers at the correct keys.


Then, I also needed to have the correct sitting posture in order to type well.


Well, it was a good start for me as after all the years, now I realized that I was typing the wrong way. So, I would like to give a big applause to Pn. Foziah. Then, I was again introduced to Window Sky Drive. Well, not to mention of the knowledge that I had, it was again a new thing to me. So, particularly, in this lesson, I had learnt many things. So, I believed that this course would be able to help me to become a techno-savvy future teacher.

Moreover, Pn. Foziah had also briefed my class on the five modules that we would be doing this semester. The five modules were internet and computing skill, photo editing, audio editing, video editing and lastly software for ELT (English language teaching). Pn Foziah mentioned that it would be useful to equip myself well with this course as it could help me in my future teaching and lesson planning. She said that we should not only view ourselves as normal teachers but must always update ourselves and have the initiative to go into higher learning like Master or PHD in order to have more knowledge in life.


All in all, it was indeed an eye-opener for me as this course could help me to become a better, globalised teacher in future. Today’s lesson had indeed ignited a passion in me to explore more about this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment